1. Choose your user filter: (Members, Researchers, Other librarians, Or Non-members). After choosing user filter, the menu will only show results under the specific user category. For example, MII Digital Library link is available under category Members only.
2.To see all available links, click this button while holding the SHIFT button.
3. Click the button "Read More" to go to the selected link.
1. Go to MII Official Website at www.insurance.com.my and click direct link to MII Library Catalogue.
2. To search items, you can enter relevant keywords or click the facet bar at your left to filter your search and browse by item format, location, subject, place of publication, etc.
3. Click Format 'Audiobook' or 'Multimedia/Computer file' to see Audio Visual materials.
4. Click Format 'eBook' to see records of eBooks owned by MII. These ebooks can only be access via their database link in MII Digital Library. Take note of the database name and login into MII Digital Library to access the eBooks. Read more about Using MII Digital Library.
5. Click item's title for more information. You can add the title to the cart and continue searching.
6. Go to main menu and click 'Cart' to see the save search results.
7. You can take note of the call numbers in the list. The call number is important to locate the item later. You can give these numbers to the librarian at the counter or email the list to after making reservation via call with KMU. We will find the items and reserve them for your reference within 2 working days. The items will be return to its original location after that.
1. A call number tells you about the items location. At KMU, items are assigned to specific collection which resides at different section or shelves in the library. Therefore it is important to know the location and item call number before browsing at the open collection areas.
2. This is an example of a call number structure. The first code is the collection code:
a) R for Reference collection. Code number after R is to further classify references:
01 – Directories, who’s who
011 - Atlas
02 – Acts, Law reports
03 – Dictionary, glossary, terms
04 – Encyclopedias
05 – Loose leaf publications
06 – Journals
07 – Others
b) For Special collection, institutional abbreviation (i.e.: LOMA, BNM) is used or S plus country code from Table 2 DDC Volume 1 (i.e.: S597 for Singapore) for countries.
c) No specific code is use for item in General collection
Second is DDC number or subject code.
Third is Cutter number or author code.
Fourth is Year of publication or reprint, whichever is applicable to the item.
Fifth is volume (i.e.: v1) and copy number (i.e.: c1) in sequential order.
4. Select titles wish to be borrow via courier service and click 'Add to Queue'.
5. Click 'My Account' on main menu and check Tab Request Courier.
6. Click ' Inform the librarian' to notify KMU about your request. KMU will contact you on the number of consignment you will need for the books and further advise you to complete Courier Request Form with proof of payment for reference purpose.
7. Click 'More about courier service' for further instruction on the courier service offered.